Airport Parking vs Hotel Parking (Part 2) – Choosing Your Airport Hotel
Airport Parking vs Hotel Parking (Part 2)
- Choosing Your Airport Hotel -
It may be stating the obvious, but when you are presented with the list of available hotels for the dates and airport you enter, some which at face value look a little dearer may in fact turn out to be the cheaper option – if you look at the details for several possible hotels you will see that each one has different rates for breakfast, dinner and transfer to the airport itself. Before you confirm your chosen hotel we recommend you consider the following. Don’t be put off by the list – we always use airport hotels when flying as it means we don’t arrive at the airport stressed out due to unexpected traffic delays, or exhausted after a 3am alarm call. We just want you to be satisfied with your choice.
- What grade hotel do you need or want? Do you need any leisure facilities, or will you arrive late in the evening and leave early in the morning?
- Do you need Breakfast before you leave, or will you eat at the airport? If appropriate, double check when breakfast is served and whether there is room service if you have an early start. Are there any special deals listed for breakfast for this hotel?
- Will you want to eat in the hotel when you arrive in the evening? Check the restaurant opening times, or availability of room service. Are there any special deals listed for dinner for this hotel?
- What is the cost of transfer to the airport, or is this included? For a family of 4 this can often be as much as £20 for the return transfer unless you choose a hotel where it is included in the hotel price.
- How far is the hotel from the airport, and how frequent is the transfer to the terminal? This can easily cost you an extra 30 minutes in the morning.
- Where will you need to pick up your car when you return to the airport? The wait for the courtesy bus can vary, but there is a solution which may appeal to you if you know you’ll be tired after a long flight. Some airport hotels offer a ‘meet and greet’ service, where they actually deliver your car to the terminal ready for your collection. This will also be stated in the details of the offer for each hotel.
- Are you travelling with children? If so, many of the hotels have deals which include either free meals for children or reduced transfer charges.
- How large is your group or family? You may be able to save money if you wish by having a family room rather than 2 separate rooms. There are a few hotels with large rooms. The Moat House at Gatwick, for example, has family rooms that can sleep up to 7 people (and for this hotel transfer to the airport is included).
- Ensure you click on the more details and photos button for each hotel on your shortlist, as that will give full details for that hotel including distance to the airport itself, any special deals, and all the answers to the questions above.
TheTravelPage.co.uk has teamed up with the market leader, Holiday Extras, to offer these travel options, which can be booked using the links below: